Asparagus Cleansing Drink Recipe
As well as being cleansing, this drink has all the aphrodisiac connotations of asparagus, one of European folklore’s great sex foods.
Radishes have a specific effect on the liver, improving its efficiency, and the celery is an effective diuretic.
The addition of garlic and shallot includes two of the best cleansing and detoxing of all foods. There’s even a bonus from the rocket, which is a mild expectorant and adds an extra cleansing boost to the drink.
4 spears fresh asparagus
3 radishes, preferably with leaves
2 celery sticks, preferably with leaves
1 small, fresh uncooked beetroot, with leaves
1 handful rocket leaves
1 garlic clove
1 small shallot
1. Trim any very woody ends off the asparagus.
2. Peel the carrots, unless they’re organic; then they just need topping and tailing.
3. Wash all the vegetables, then peel the garlic and shallot.
4. Put all the ingredients into a.
5. Mix and serve garnished with some of the reserved celery leaves.
This may sounds like a strange mixture, but it has a fresh, tangy flavour and provides lots of betacarotene, volatile oils, and tannins from the rocket as well as folic acid, potassium, and asparagine from the asparagus. The radishes provide natural phytochemicals that stimulate the gall bladder to produce more bile. Overall, this drink has an abundance of vitamin C.