Avocado and Pear Juice Drink Recipe
This combination of juice and smoothie gets much of its cleansing properties from the pear.
Pears are rich in pectin, a solublethat not only improves the body’s elimination of cholesterol but also helps stimulate the large bowel and prevent constipation.
has a specific cleansing effect through its stimulation of the peripheral circulation and overall improvement of blood flow. This helps remove waste material so it can be transported to the kidneys and excreted in urine.
The live bacteria in the yoghurt improve bowel function and elimination, and the overall cleansing effect of lemon juice rounds everything off.
1 large pear
1 garlic clove
1cm or ½ inch fresh
50ml or 2fl oz plain live yoghurt
1 medium, ripe avocado
1. Wash the pear and put it through a. Pour the juice into a .
2. Peel and chop the garlic.
3. Peel the ginger and grate it finely.
4. Add the garlic and ginger to the blender.
5. Pour in the yoghurt and whizz briefly.
6. Halve and stone the avocado. Scoop out the flesh and add to the blender.
7. Squeeze half the lemon and pour in the juice.
8. Whizz briefly until smooth.
Vitamin E is provided by the avocado and is essential for maintaining the healthy structure of blood vessels. The gingerols and zingiberene from the ginger are the natural ingredients that stimulate the circulation. Add to this the cleansing properties of the sulphur compounds in garlic and the high concentration of citric acid in lemon juice, and you have a tasty and satisfying smoothie.