Benefits Of Acerola Berry
Mother Nature has provided us many wonderful gifts. Some of these we have used and misused, and many we are not even aware of. The acerola berry is one such marvelous gift whose real value is coming out into the open only in recent times. This berry has all the benefits that berries offer but a look at the scientific research that has been conducted proves that these are no ordinary berries.
Most commonly, we find the acerola berry in North and South America – more the other than the former because of the tropical landscape where it flourishes with ease. It’s also found in Caribbean islands and many growers have been able to cultivate the acerola tree in Florida also.
Dark and deliciously red, this berry is also called the Barbados cherry, Cereso and Antilles cherry among other names. It has a sweet and sour flavor, a lot like citrus fruits. But what is amazing is that it has 32 times as much Vitamin C as orange juice, so it’s more powerful than your regular citrus fruits like grapefruit and limes.
The acerola berry can be eaten fresh but you can also add it to syrups, smoothies, jams and jellies. There is a huge choice of the various ways in which this berry can be included into your diet and if you are an inventive baker or chef, you will find numerous ways to incorporate it into your family’s meals too.
How it helps:
* Because it is so full of vitamin C, the acerola berry is very beneficial in making sure that your immune system becomes strong. So, obviously it helps to prevent flu and colds. Since our body cannot produce or store vitamin C and bioflavonoids, fruits such as the acerola berry help in restocking those levels, and together they enhance blood circulation and help the body fight against diseases.
* The vitamin C in acerola has yet another vital use. It helps the body in forming collagen which is the foundation for connective tissue and skin. Of course, it also helps in healing wounds.
* If you are diabetic, then the this berry is really great for you as it can lower the blood sugar to normal levels. They contain polyphenols which help greatly in lowering blood sugar.
* They can help fight cancers like those of the stomach , lung, colon and others also. This is because of the high level of antioxidants that they have which help in battling free radicals.
* Acerola berries can help fight cancers such as those of the lung, colon, stomach and others as well. This is because of the high level of antioxidants that they contain which help in fighting free radicals.
* Many skin products that are being produced to treat conditions such as melasma contain acerola berry extracts. The acerola berries are ideal for treating skin discoloration also because the high content of vitamin C in them reduces the production of melanin which makes the skin dark.
* You can sustain acidity levels in your body with the help of acerola berries and this also helps the process of digestion.
* When combined with soya, the acerola berries can even help in reducing cholesterol.
They are every health-conscious person’s dream come true. These berries make you feel good and look good as well. While most people prefer to consume them fresh, it’s perfectly fine to get the frozen version as well. Apart from using the berries as fillings for pies, tarts and cookies, you can steep them in hot water and drink the resultant tea type of preparation.
Good to know:
Acerola berries are one of the most essential nutrients that inhibit stress significantly. These berries fight aging, boost levels of vitamin C in the body and make you look and feel younger.