Summer-Fruit Punch Recipe
Here’s another bubbly summer drink that will make any garden party go with a swing.
There’s certainly enough fruit to make this one healthy as well as enjoyable.
Try to get as wide a variety of fruits as you can, including strawberries, raspberries, red- and blackcurrants and blueberries, as these are the richest sources of health-giving nutrients.
200g or 7oz mixed summer fruit
5cm or 2 inches of cucumber
1 bottle rosé wine
1 liqueur glass Cognac
200ml or 7fl oz sparkling mineral water
1 Wash the fruit, peeling and stoning any if necessary.
2. Slice or cut into bite-size chunks.
3. Peel the cucumber, halve lengthwise, and slice.
4. Put all of the above into a large bowl.
5. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and add to the bowl.
6. Pour in the wine, Cognac, and mineral water.
7. Leave to chill or add ice-cubes before serving.
Again, this is a party drink to be enjoyed with friends and family. However, it will be rich in immune-boosting vitamin C as well as providing useful amounts of soluble. The high concentration of colourful pigments from the fruit and the unique protective properties of the pigment in red grape skins (resveratrol) make this a drink which, in moderation, is health-protective.
More on Summer Punch Drinks